Online Learning Centre
Welcome to ODEN’s Online Learning Centre. Here you will find links to online courses for organizations and businesses looking for training opportunities.
ODEN Online Disability Awareness & Confidence Training for Business
This introductory training module will help prepare your business to confidently hire and onboard people who have a disability.
- The importance of language — an introduction to people-first terminology
- Dispelling myths that create biases and barriers
- Understanding disability:
- What it is
- What disability looks like in Canada — the facts
- Types of disabilities- an introduction to disabilities and a general overview of attributes
- Basic guidelines for supporting new employees who have a disability
- Case studies of businesses that have benefited from inclusive hiring.
Audience: This training is appropriate for any and all staff who have had minimal experience hiring and/or working with employees who have a disability.
Length: Approximately 1 hour.
Certificate: A certificate will be available after you successfully complete the course and the evaluation.
LinkedIn Learning Licenses
The Ontario Disability Employment Network (ODEN) is proud to collaborate with First Work to engage job seekers who have a disability.
With funding provided by the Ontario government, LinkedIn and First Work have partnered to harness LinkedIn’s unique capabilities to support Ontario’s economic recovery and increase capacity within the employment services sector by getting 100,000 individuals trained with in-demand skills and connected to open job opportunities, within 1 year.
Additionally, LinkedIn’s unique platform capabilities via LinkedIn Learning, Recruiter, and Talent Insights licenses will support this digital advancement of the employment sector (ES) in Ontario by supplementing the excellent human services delivered by ES practitioners with a modern suite of digital services.
Begin your LinkedIn Learning journey by visiting: linkedin.firstwork.org