National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) is an annual national campaign that takes place every October.
The purpose of NDEAM is to promote disability inclusion in employment for people who have a disability.
Each year, ODEN leads a provincial campaign for its members to bring awareness in Ontario and focuses on the many ways inclusive hiring:
- Changes employees’ lives and helps them succeed in the workplace
- Enables businesses to fill required roles from the talent pool of people who have a disability
- Allows businesses to increase productivity, employee engagement and profitability
- Drives cultural change within a business
- Strengthens brand reputation and customer loyalty for many businesses
ODEN’s 2021 campaign theme and information will be available in late summer 2021.